Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Lucky Me! Dinner Parties

Our cigar friend, Doc Jeff - who we teasingly call Chef Jeff - put out the call for smokers/eaters, and a slew of us showed up. First, we stopped at St. Germain Bakery, located close by, for two baguettes to go with The Pig & The Lady chicken liver pate made by the First Lady of varied and delicious Vietnamese cuisine in Honolulu, Mrs. Le. She's affectionately known as "Mama" Le. You can order this pate goodness for yourself, by the container. You may gasp at the price, but it is worth it - full of wine, brandy, love, care and most importantly, TASTE!

Sante! July 2012 Cheese Dinner @ Naked Cow Dairy
We also took some Naked Cow Dairy cheese: peppered Asiago and Waianae tomme. Naked Cow is the only dairy on Oahu making cow's milk cheeses; they also make delicious butter and yogurt - I was told they'll have halloumi, a Cypriot cheese, today. Our friends eagerly sampled both of them, and the buttery tomme was the favorite. We love sharing the good things we find at Honolulu Farmers' Market, at Blaisdell. Someday I'll have to write a post about all the lovely people we've met at the Farmers' Market!

What the host served us: grilled marinated and spiced ribs so tender, rack of lamb, perfectly done, and lehi, a type of snapper, prepared with lup cheong and bok choy, dark shoyu, cilantro and green onion. Can you say heaven? There was salad, red wine and other food, but the cheese, pate, meat and fish were the stars!

I have no pictures of this or the other dinner party, as I feel uncomfortable taking photos of food in other peoples' homes. I rarely take photos of the food I prepare at home! I'm too hungry.And I'll have to write about the other dinner party later!

Here are links to the first and second of Doc Jeff's dinner parties! I'm sure there were one or two that I missed, but these were all fabulous!

What have you eaten lately that was memorable and delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment