Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dinner a couple nights ago was SO humble, yet SO good!

As is often the case, I did not feel like cooking. Instead, I sliced some beautiful beefsteak tomatoes and made egg salad with mayo, relish, minced onion and sea salt. I mixed a tiny amount of balsamic vinegar with some extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of salt. I sliced some Ba-Le kalamata olive bread - yum! - and toasted it.

We ate the above by putting some olive oil on a piece of toast, adding a thick slice of tomato and a sprinkle of sea salt. Open mouth. Eat. Savor!

Top another toast with egg salad. Eat and repeat.

The DH supplemented the meal with some leftover ahi poke, but toast and toppings were more than enough for me!

Update: I was talking to a colleague about this dinner, and she said SHE would love to eat it! The talk moved on to soup, and I told her about my spiced Garnet yam soup with coconut milk, and her eyes lit up! I've made this twice already, and the DH has happily eaten it with gusto, but I discovered that I haven't written it down. I will SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment